Baby, it’s cold outside!
Winter is settling in and so are the bugs that keep going around. Everywhere we go we’re surrounded by people. Christmas shopping in malls, going to school, church nursery and Sunday school……
It’s enough to make you want to hibernate until spring.
With a few simple tricks, we can do our part to bring the risk of sickness down in our homes.
Before we get to the immune boosting tips, here are some things that you can do while out in public that will help limit the spread of germs.
- Don’t use the handrails on stairs and escalators
- Use paper towels to open bathroom doors when done
- Use a natural hand sanitizer (you can find them from the major essential oil distributors like Young Living and DoTerra)
6 Ways to Boost Your Immunity
- Make your soup with a whole chicken, bones and all. Let your chicken simmer on the bone all day before de-boning it. There are tons of nutrients that help your immune system (why do you think your mom’s chicken soup made you feel better?)
- Garlic and oregano are great ingredients to add to your soup when you’re feeling run down
- Limit your sugar intake
- Get outside! Even a short walk in the sunshine can give you a Vitamin D boost (and mood boost, as well)
- Consider adding kefir (or probiotics) to your diet. When you add it to smoothies you can’t even taste it
- Dose yourself and your kiddos daily with elderberry syrup
There you have it! Six easy ways to help your household fight the sickies this winter. Did we miss something? Be sure to comment with ways you keep your family healthy!